Heroes and Villains: Day 9
Bats, Doctor Strange's Talking Dog (Who Comes Back as a Ghost)
At the end it was simple. I followed
your scent back. Not a new trick.
What goes for old goes double
for dead, sad to say. Trail was faint.
Horrors and harrows I thought
might steal me, if I forgot to follow
my nose. And pain, as I knew waited
crossing the thin, invisible fence. Missing
you was worse. You called. I came. Wouldn't any dog,
if only his master left a print in either world
to chase? For every lucky haunter,
there are tens of millions, patient. I've sniffed them,
been them. The world of reward is full
of faith and waiting.
At the end it was simple. I followed
your scent back. Not a new trick.
What goes for old goes double
for dead, sad to say. Trail was faint.
Horrors and harrows I thought
might steal me, if I forgot to follow
my nose. And pain, as I knew waited
crossing the thin, invisible fence. Missing
you was worse. You called. I came. Wouldn't any dog,
if only his master left a print in either world
to chase? For every lucky haunter,
there are tens of millions, patient. I've sniffed them,
been them. The world of reward is full
of faith and waiting.

Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.