Heroes and Villains: Day 28

Poem for the Wikipedia Article that Calls Namor the Submariner "A Highly Skilled Business Executive"

The business of the ocean
is being wet. So far,
we’re crushing it
this quarter. I’ll let Sullivan
review the herring and plaice
KPIs later, but no surprises there
overall. Focus groups
with the dolphins told us
dolphins think they’re great.
Cutting that budget line next year.
HR arbitration between the oysters
and clams is ongoing. Slowly.
Oysters complain in pearls,
die layering indifference over
irritation. Some of you could take notes.
Surprising uptick in seaweed
and microflorae. Krill, in a word,
is good. Some bullsharkshit
about microgreens and going low
on the food chain. The ocean floor
is hot--figuratively, of course.
In broader trends, still fish-
eat-fish, literally and otherwise.
At least one fish in the deal
doesn’t like it, as you imagine,
but they respect its fairness.
A narrow net. Nothing like
the dry folk. Which brings us
to my PowerPoint. I trust none
of you thinks I’m overreacting now
in dealing with the Land. So--
next slide, please--

Comments