Anna Paquin is Still Playing Rogue in 2063
To answer your first question:
Yes, she's gotten old,
but Hollywood old. There's a scene
where she plods to her closet,
pushes aside some dowdy gingham shift,
and there's her old uniform, all daring
and calfskin, and wouldn't-you-know-
it-still-fits? They roared for that
in the theatres. After the war, it's almost
all we can agree on: an hour or two
where everyone can imagine
they're the good guys. Even the mutants
think it's camp. The arguments remain
stupid, too. Oh, why doesn't she just
touch someone younger? She's grown
with time into the wide mink streak.
Wears it fulltime, even offscreen--
the gloves as well. As if to say,
I've caught up with these decades
that haunted my watched body much
too soon. All along I knew
what I could have taken
and never did.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.