Art and Craft 2018: 29
Madame Gautreau Drinking a Toast
To these lilies. Nothing else here
is alive, and I am never alone so:
to their health. Two drinks
ago my eyes left. Free now
to drain focus from the gaze
of the watcher. I can feel it
radiate from my chest, silk
shrug dragged by a broad brush.
Liquor-blurred I am very much
paint. Here's to that.
after John Singer Sargent, "Madame Gautreau Drinking a Toast"
To these lilies. Nothing else here
is alive, and I am never alone so:
to their health. Two drinks
ago my eyes left. Free now
to drain focus from the gaze
of the watcher. I can feel it
radiate from my chest, silk
shrug dragged by a broad brush.
Liquor-blurred I am very much
paint. Here's to that.
after John Singer Sargent, "Madame Gautreau Drinking a Toast"
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.