A Word from our Host

I've been fidgeting with the settings of TBA in the hopes of allowing the right balance of comment-friendliness and needful security. After some deliberation, I decided not to moderate comments, but to allow posting only from Blogger's list of trusted identity groups. It's a short-run project, and I just don't want the hassle of screening everything to keep out spam--nor to make you feel like I have the option to derezz comments I don't like.

Blogger is one of the many pots Google keeps on the simmer, so you probably already have a trusted identity and don't even know it. If you have a blog (on many platforms) or a livejournal, you're set; if you have a gmail or an aim account, that'll work, too. The "security" is not a velvet rope, just a HELLO MY NAME IS sticker.

That said, Gentle Readers, those of you wandering over from facebook are also welcome to comment over in my feed where I'll link to each new poem. It's a different vibe--it always feels like I have so little room to write in that box--but it can fuel a good back-and-forth. Or, hell, email me if you like.

Just holla at your boy if you see me in the street.

Comments

  1. I'm gonna have to see if I can implement this kind of OpenID system for the blog I'm building. Certainly would be much easier than rolling my own auth system. And easier for potential users.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OpenID has specs and open-source code for developers, so it's out there if you want to use it. Not sure if the other blog media offer similar implementation help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.