2/30
“Ask your doctor if your heart is ready for sex”
I’ve been burned in the past, hurt
so often that caution has started to turn me
on. I find agendas alluring, and lately
I want to X every checklist I see.
It’s my own damn fault I have nightmares
for believing anything at all. The judge
was sympathetic as a Monday bartender, granted me
an order of protection. So now the past
and the future must both stay
at least one moment away from me at all times.
So you’ll have to forgive me
if even my lust asks you for references
and two months’ security. I know your eyes
mean it when they hold mine open and declaim,
I want you. I want you, too,
but when has that ever meant anything
but right now?
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.