In Which Our Host Shills Graciously
It's quite heart-warming and flattering to see all the folks who have wandered over to see my little word experiment--not only those of you whom I've met through writing, but friends and colleagues from other circles. I do hope you enjoy your time here.
And now that I have your attention: If you enjoy words, please come on out to the Sarah Lawrence Poetry Festival, April 24th-26th! It's entirely free, entirely student-run, very casual, and is a great place to hear some outstanding contemporary poets.
For those of you who've never been to one, the Festival features a series of guest (i.e., "professional") readers sharing their work, and each guest has an "opening act" of an undergrad and a graduate poet from SLC. So along with Rita Dove, Jorie Graham, CK Williams, etc., you'll also hear some young talent (some of whom are reading this blog right now.) The whole reading lineup and schedule are listed on the site.
Oh, and (like Shake & Bake) I helped--doing spreadsheets and whatnot. All the volunteers worked/are working really hard on it, and our only recompense is a well-run show and a good turnout.
So, come for the poets, come for a cheap day out, come to smoke cigs with the cool kids, come for the free wine & cheese, or just swing by to say hi to your boy. I'll see you there.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.