Poem On: Day 5

Psyduck (#054)
(with apologies to WB)

I happened on a Psyduck in a green and pleasant vale,
A-waddling through the clover and the rye.
And tho’ I grasped a Pokéball to bowl him to my beck,
I paused a while and caught his vacant eye.

He held his little temples between two little paws,
As if wracked by a drunkard’s agony.
Wherefore, I asked my Pokédex, and quickly it replied:
This ‘duck is like a seer of Araby:

He knows the secret places of the wand’ring, suff’ring mind,
More than his gentle conscience can contain.
To vent the evil that men think might set the world afire,
And so he sighs, and offers up the pain.

I pocketed the Pokéball, and turned my worldly thoughts
To those of God, who too bears up our aches.
On hearing my heart’s silent prayer, the Psyduck smiled at me,
And sat we two for hours in thoughtful grace.

Comments