Poem On: Day 30
Metapod (#011)
I am the scythe-moon. I am the prow
of the icebreaker. All I can do
is harden. I have no heart
for a while, will never have a heart
like yours. Harden and learn, the present
progressive. I am becoming.
Dissolve who I was and harden
jewel carapace over memories, the way
you pretend the hardest liquor
works for you. If you say
a word enough times it means,
stops meaning, means again. Harden
harden harden harden harden
harden harden.
I am the scythe-moon. I am the prow
of the icebreaker. All I can do
is harden. I have no heart
for a while, will never have a heart
like yours. Harden and learn, the present
progressive. I am becoming.
Dissolve who I was and harden
jewel carapace over memories, the way
you pretend the hardest liquor
works for you. If you say
a word enough times it means,
stops meaning, means again. Harden
harden harden harden harden
harden harden.

Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.