More Lines 2K17: 26

Ya Hey X I Wish

Fuck you for saying world peace
when we're playing the game. That's
for beauty queens and assholes
who give raisins at Halloween.

No dead back either. At least
it's selfish, jailbreaking
the great quiet to recall
a cheek to kiss or thumbs

dancing on the second controller.
It's not allowed. Aladdin rules.
Look, a wish isn't a heart
you trace in the sweat of your glass

when that girl looks your way.
Once I held a band of hundreds
in each hand. Once someone handed me
a gun and said Your turn. That's

the way. Desire without the angels
taught to life. A tit-hungry infant
with a good imagination. No need
for saints when I can get an Uber.

What peace would there be
in a world where you knew
you could have had the Ferarri
and didn't shoot your shot? No one

sleeps that well.

song prompts from Chris G and Jeff K

 

Comments