9 of 20, 2016
When My Mind is Wandering
I am a screamer in the crowd.
I am not one descending
the jetstairs at Idlewild. No time
to be a star they want,
the genius they need.No place
to start to make it better. When I
was leaving home I found a girl
and sang out of tune, certain in that way
I'd challenge the world. Do you
want to know a secret? When
you're a dad, whatever songs
you love are dad music. I was
just seventeen. I knew what
nothing meant. This boy
arrived and I surrendered the days
in a life I could live for no one.
from a prompt by Maureen Cohen
I am a screamer in the crowd.
I am not one descending
the jetstairs at Idlewild. No time
to be a star they want,
the genius they need.No place
to start to make it better. When I
was leaving home I found a girl
and sang out of tune, certain in that way
I'd challenge the world. Do you
want to know a secret? When
you're a dad, whatever songs
you love are dad music. I was
just seventeen. I knew what
nothing meant. This boy
arrived and I surrendered the days
in a life I could live for no one.
from a prompt by Maureen Cohen
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.