11 of 30, 2016
World's Greatest Dad
He's coming up the stairs with a full cup and my name
in his mouth, and Jesus is that coffee? He's delivering me
my coffee, and as he bounds the little tide laps the lip
of the mug, his joy in bringing my caffeine spirit level
too great to be safe for long. If I say stop, careful,
momentum will splash to the floor. If I say nothing,
and something burns, it will be his body. I am just
awake. It's like this all the time.
from a prompt by Randi Mezzy
He's coming up the stairs with a full cup and my name
in his mouth, and Jesus is that coffee? He's delivering me
my coffee, and as he bounds the little tide laps the lip
of the mug, his joy in bringing my caffeine spirit level
too great to be safe for long. If I say stop, careful,
momentum will splash to the floor. If I say nothing,
and something burns, it will be his body. I am just
awake. It's like this all the time.
from a prompt by Randi Mezzy
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.