26 of 30, 2016
Meditations in a Canoe
The motion I was taught
at the shore has failed.
We list on the pine-dark lake,
motherless compass fumbling
for absent north. I was to write
a J in the stream, feather
off, push water from water
and move where intention will.
Paralyzed I try the treble clef,
a physician's scrip for halcyon.
Little circles. Not much else.
Learned things have come
to ruin and I hear laughter
from the docks. This is when
I boil. Not for pride. Not
for the parched shell
they'll find at float. Physics
has died, truth has died
and somebody laughs.
from a prompt by Irene Unger
The motion I was taught
at the shore has failed.
We list on the pine-dark lake,
motherless compass fumbling
for absent north. I was to write
a J in the stream, feather
off, push water from water
and move where intention will.
Paralyzed I try the treble clef,
a physician's scrip for halcyon.
Little circles. Not much else.
Learned things have come
to ruin and I hear laughter
from the docks. This is when
I boil. Not for pride. Not
for the parched shell
they'll find at float. Physics
has died, truth has died
and somebody laughs.
from a prompt by Irene Unger
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.