4 of 30, 2016
Little Edible Luggage
Life was pretty cool but
I didn't like how it was treating me
so I asked to speak to the manager.
I was under the impression I could win
prizes or money, I said. He laughed
atonally and offered to end the world.
No, I said, I've been there. They have
some cool stuff. Let's consider
the apocalypse off-limits
as a favor to me. What about
some answers? Find the truth,
the manager said, and just torture
the hell out of it. All right then,
happiness? He clucked his tongue.
Happiness? Takes all kinds, I guess.
I could give you a life that's
a joke between a few good friends.
But you'd die choking and
misunderstood. Yeah, that does
sound good, I said. And we parted
ways, whittling.
from a prompt by Annie Stutzman
Life was pretty cool but
I didn't like how it was treating me
so I asked to speak to the manager.
I was under the impression I could win
prizes or money, I said. He laughed
atonally and offered to end the world.
No, I said, I've been there. They have
some cool stuff. Let's consider
the apocalypse off-limits
as a favor to me. What about
some answers? Find the truth,
the manager said, and just torture
the hell out of it. All right then,
happiness? He clucked his tongue.
Happiness? Takes all kinds, I guess.
I could give you a life that's
a joke between a few good friends.
But you'd die choking and
misunderstood. Yeah, that does
sound good, I said. And we parted
ways, whittling.
from a prompt by Annie Stutzman
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.