30:30 2014, Day 13
Mantis
The joke goes, wisdom is knowing
you deserve the things
you can't help. I'm telling it
badly, but the comedy lies
in the way you can spend a life
skiffling between two prayers:
absolution when you're the doer,
exception when you're the done-to.
I should laugh at the human way
with a half-twist love turns mobius,
weirdly-bounded and one-sided,
a proof of concept or a party
trick concocted to redeem the dead
conversation. Is it harder to miss
what you've consumed? Is hunger
hunger, if you can learn to fight it?
The joke goes, wisdom is knowing
you deserve the things
you can't help. I'm telling it
badly, but the comedy lies
in the way you can spend a life
skiffling between two prayers:
absolution when you're the doer,
exception when you're the done-to.
I should laugh at the human way
with a half-twist love turns mobius,
weirdly-bounded and one-sided,
a proof of concept or a party
trick concocted to redeem the dead
conversation. Is it harder to miss
what you've consumed? Is hunger
hunger, if you can learn to fight it?
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are moderated to block spam. Thanks for sharing.